Chronicle celebrates its sesquicentennial
This month Monmouthshire’s oldest newspaper, The Abergavenny Chronicle, celebrated its 150th anniversary.
The weekly newspaper, which turned 150 on August 12, was founded in 1871 by local businessman, Edwin Morgan.
Originally based on Frogmore Street, it was produced in tabloid form and featured eight pages of content.
It became a focal point of the community and was one of the first newspapers to use full colour on its front pages.
In 1983 it was sold to the current owner Sir Ray Tindle, of Tindle Newspapers Ltd and has been based in Nevill Street since 1996.